Learn The Secrets To Putting Together A Look That's Perfect For Your Personality, Style, Body And Message.
Have you ever experienced the following?
- Neglected your personal appearance because you don't have the time? Or you've felt guilty because you've spent time on yourself, instead of spending time with your family in the morning?
- Walked into a room and felt conscious about your appearance?
- Felt misunderstood, or rejected in some way because of your appearance?
- Doubt that what you're wearing looks good on you?
- Felt like you are starting to look "old" or "mummsy"?
- You always wear similar clothes and are known for the same kind of look?
- You're starting to feel insignificant, and don't believe the compliments anymore?
- Do you feel like that it's time for a change, and that you need to do something for yourself?
- Is your inner critic very vocal when you look at your reflection in a mirror?
- Are you a career woman or have a business and want to go to the next level?
- Are you wanting to improve your love life?
Of all the women that I talk to, and I've spoken to over a thousand, they all say a similar thing. "I just want to know what looks best on me. I want to know how to bring my look together." Looking fantastic and doing it without spending an hour in front of the mirror is a learned skill. Each one of us is different, and what works for me isn't necessarily going to work for you.
As ladies, we are busier than we've ever been. Trying to juggle career, business, partner, children, friends, fitness means that there is little time for us. Most of us don't have the time to invest in our personal appearance like we once had.
Your appearance and your results
Many of the ladies coming to see me for their hairstyles, are also starting to wake up to the fact that their appearance is more important these days. More and more ladies are have become educated around fashion psychology and the advantage it gives you. As a result, life is becoming more competitive. Now this only applies to the modern woman that is a mover and shaker. The ladies that come and see me want something better in their lives. It can be a career, customers, partner, friends or to just fit in and feel better.
All humans want something more, and 9 times out of ten, we need other humans to help us. Study after study has shown that your personal style, and your appearance, sends messages to other people. Everything communicates! How you talk, walk, what you wear, your makeup, clothes style, hair and shoes. It's sending a message to other people, and those people will form opinions of you. Influencing what people think of you is the gateway to a happier life.
Dr Karen Pine ( a long time fashion psychologist ) conducted research on this topic. She found that women are rated more positively on confidence, salary, and flexibility when wearing certain fit of clothes. So how clothes fits you sends important messages that can be used to your advantage in life. That's not even considering the style of clothes you might be wearing. Then there is your hair and makeup.
The amount of evidence around appearance and results on my research page will amaze you.
Look, let's get to the point here. When you break it down it's about how you feel as a lady. At the end of the day many of us can deal with the judgments of others. Even if these judgments impact us negatively. Judging others is just how humans works. Cognitive Psychologists tell us these behaviours are called Concepts, Prototypes and Mental Sets. It's just how our brains work, and these behaviours are designed to make our lives easier. Head and Shoulders did some research where they interviewed 2000 women and 92% "admitted to having hang ups, with the most frequent obstacle being anxiety about their appearance". The article this was mentioned in was discussing confidence and whether the lack of it held them back, which they claimed it did. For us ladies, looking and feeling good is our inner support base.
I see so many ladies that have lost their inner power and strength because of how they feel about their appearance.
Researchers made ladies perform maths problems in a jumper (sweater), and then in their swimsuit. When the women dressed in just swimsuits, they performed almost half as well as opposed to when dressed in jumpers. ( read more here https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-big-questions/201104/women-perform-worse-when-focusing-their-looks )
Being conscious or concerned about your appearance in any way can be a major setback for you. Sending the wrong message with your presentation just makes it worse. Many ladies claim to be confident, yet struggle with certain parts of their appearance. Those that have mastered confidence can then appear harsh and unapproachable.
I'm sure you've heard about how a large part of our communication is visual or non-verbal. The ratio is often argued but one thing we do know is that the visual part will win.
It's called the McGurk effect. When there are mixed signals, what people see will ALWAYS win. If your hair and makeup look harsh, but you say otherwise, then you will be judged as harsh.
Your appearance is the most important part of your presentation because it's the over-ruling factor.
The solution is easy
What if you could create new opportunities for yourself just by changing your personal style? What if you had a personal stylist show you exactly what works well for your personality, style and body shape? What if that same person also showed you how to dress, accessorise, do your hair and makeup so you looked the best you could in every situation? What if you could also save time doing it? What positive changes would that bring to your life?
Some of the topics I cover are
- Colour analysis
- Style analysis
- Shopping expedition
- Personality style
- How to be perceived
- Wardrobe audit
- First impressions
- Make up
- Body language
- Facial expression
- Beauty rituals
- Body shape
- Style and design
- Best buys while shopping
- Shopping for your personality
- Femininity vs alpha female
- Packing for travel
- Dressing for your mood
- How to get your sexy back
- How to quickly and easily pull together the perfect outfit for you, so you look stylish everyday.
- Never have anxiety, or feel self-conscious about your appearance because you'll know that what you've done suits you, looks great and is a true reflection of you.
- Re-create yourself from Unapproachable to Approachable, Beige to Alluring, Doubtful to Confident, Feminine to Sexy, Office Girl to Chic, Wallflower to Interesting, Classic to Elegant.
- What to do to make sure people don't perceive you as false.
- How to identify unconscious behaviours that inhibit your freedom of expression.
- What is appropriate to wear for my age group without looking ‘washed up’ or trying to be ‘mutton done up as lamb’.
- Identify your personality strengths, to enable you to co ordinate your look effortlessly and authentically.
- What colours are the best colours to make you look radiant, younger and compliment your skin.
- The best hairstyle and hair colour, that will compliment your face shape, features, complexion and personality, and convey your desired message.
- How to look like you brought your personal stylist on holiday with you, without taking the whole wardrobe.
- Makeup secrets that will draw peoples attention to your beauty features making you look even more attractive.
- Exactly what you need to do to master the art of the "first impression".
- How you can use your clothes and image to powerfully influence other peoples subconscious thoughts about you.
- How to communicate a powerful message without saying a thing.
- Why your body language can make or break a situation.
- What to do and not do when you go shopping so you have the most fun and never waste money ever again.
- How to use clothing to make areas on your body draw attention and make other areas disappear.
- Recreate your wardrobe so you will never feel like you have "nothing to wear".
- How to create a "new look" from all your existing clothing.
- We will do a colour analysis, style analysis and personality profile on you
- We also examine your current hairstyle and explore the many variations possible for your new look
- You won't need anyone's opinion when you go shopping. You'll know exactly what to buy, and you'll know it looks perfect on you.
The Total Image Concept is the concept that encompasses everything that we do. Our focus is more than just hair, we take a more holistic approach to your image that covers
- Hair Style
- Hair Colour
- Image Consulting
- Colour Analysis
- Colour Psychology
- Makeup Colours
- Makeup Style
- Total Makeover
Why do this?
That depends on what you want? Do you want to build a personal brand or do you want a new partner? Are you wanting to feel more confident in certain situations? If you want more out of your life, then the facts have shown that your presentation can be used as a tool to make it easier to get your desired result.
Image isn't just about how you're perceived by others, but more importantly it's about how you perceive yourself.
How you look communicates to everyone, including to yourself.
Call me on (07) 3172 2990 to book a free strategy session or click the little envelope on the menu to email me. Things can get pretty busy at the styling rooms but either myself or Tash will get back you as soon as we can.
Yours with style
- Personal Stylist
- Fashion Stylist
- Image Consultant